What is a facelift?
Several factors including sun damage, lifestyle habits such as diet and smoking, heredity, gravity, and stress can affect the condition of a person’s skin and make it more susceptible to displaying early signs of aging. A facelift is a surgical procedure used to reduce the visible signs of aging on a patient’s neck and face. Some of the concerns that can be addressed with a facelift include:
- Loss of fat
- Lost skin tone
- Drooping or sagging skin
- Deep creases beneath eyelids
- Excess fatty deposits
- Deep creases which run from alongside the nose down to the corner of the mouth
Are there different types of facelifts?
There are a few different types of facelifts which will achieve different results. They include:
- Mini facelift- This is ideal to reduce sagging in the lower portion of the face such as the lower cheeks, jawline, and neck.
- Temporal facelift- A temporal facelift is the opposite of the mini facelift. This procedure is aimed at the eyebrow region and the upper half of the person’s face.
- Full facelift- The full facelift improves the appearance of the entire face.
- PRP and PPP Injections- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and Platelet-poor plasma (PPP) injections are made from the patient’s blood. PPP stimulates the body’s natural healing abilities and improves skin health. PRP has a high concentration of fibrinogen which can add volume. The can be performed alongside any lift.
- Autologous Stem cell injections- Stem cells encourage healthy cellular growth. Also, obtained from the patient, these can be used to increase healing, add volume, and reduce the appearance scarring.
- Hyperbaric therapy- Before and/or after surgery, patients sit in a pressurized room which helps to boost healing and provide excellent results.
What can I expect for results?
Patients will notice an improvement in their appearance as soon as they have recovered fully from the procedure. Dr. Aronowitz helps his patients to achieve a natural and more youthful appearance with his facelift procedures. Patients should protect their renewed youthful appearance by following a daily routine of sun protection and a healthy lifestyle to prolong the results. Dr. Aronowitz will provide specific instructions to ensure a smooth and effective recovery.
*Individual results may vary